PROVEN FLYING ABILITY
In the expanding drone landscape, it’s challenging to find the right UAV pilots with the right experience and the proper training. The Utility UAS Pilot Certificate is the solution for this. THE BENCHMARK utility companies can rely on. Proof that the pilot holding this credential is of the highest caliber for safety, efficiency, and professionalism.
Our 3-Day Advanced Course is the most comprehensive and in-depth learning available in the UAS industry. We will guide you through the 45 skills utility companies are counting on their pilots to have. This comprehensive mission skills list includes:
Graduates of the Utility UAS Pilot Certificate program have demonstrated flight capabilities in 31 Key Flying Skills areas. They have also demonstrated mission accomplishment capabilities in over 14 critical decision areas for mission planning and actionable information delivery.
This certification course is the only one of its kind in the world. Specifically designed for the utility industry where safety is paramount and efficient deployment of assets is critical. Pilots who pass this course (and the required checkride), prove they have the flight skills and safe decision making abilities needed.
A pilot with a Utility UAV Pilot Certificate is able to run virtually any type of mission, either solo or with a crew, and has demonstrated this in the high pressure environment of the Utility UAV Checkride.
Be recognized as the professional you are. With a Utility UAV Pilot Certificate, you are showing the industry you possess a higher level of experience, skill, and knowledge when it comes to Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operations. The sense of individual achievement this creates is hard to surpass.
CHECKRIDE EXAMINERS: We are looking for UAV professionals interested in becoming Examiners for the Utility UAV Pilot Certificate Checkride. Examiners support the criterion based flight tests in all 50 states. If you believe you have what it takes, click here to submit your review request. Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- College Degree in Aviation Science (or comprable)
- 500 hours of logged utility mission flight time
- Experience with both rotor (to include helicopter and multi-rotor derivations) and fixed-wing style UAV’s
- Possess a current Commercial UAV Certificate
- Possess a current Manned Aircraft Certificate (foreign certifications allowed)
- Have passed the FAA Fundamentals Of Instruction written exam with a score of 90% or higher
- Minimum 1 year experience with adult learning
- Minimum 1 year experience in technical education